I can’t believe it’s been 2016 for over two weeks now! I guess time flies when you’re old… 😉 Anyway, I wanted to give you all a brief recap of 2015, and share some goals for 2016. I’m going to warn you, there will be many lists. That’s just how my mind works. Now let’s start with some 2015 stats:
- I read fifty-eight books
- I wrote over 25,000 words (I know that may not seem like a lot, especially to you 50,000-words-a-month writers, but it’s more than I’ve ever done before)
- I reviewed fourteen books
- I wrote forty-three blog posts
- I gained sixty-three new followers
- I sent out two newsletters
Alright, now that’s out of the way, on to the more fun stuff!
Of all the books I read, my favorite was probably, hmm… Ok, never mind. Let’s go with the top five.
- Thy Kingdom Come, by Daniel Adorno
- Holding the Future Hostage, by Tialla Rising
- Richard III, by William Shakespeare
- But Who Would Be Dumb Enough to Even Try It, by Enclave Publishing authors
- The Agony and the Ecstasy, by Irving Stone
These were all great books and I highly recommend them! (Except maybe The Agony and the Ecstasy, unless you’re a mature reader and really into Michelangelo).
A few other highlights of 2015:
- I was accepted to my top colleges. Now for the decision-making…
- I survived a five-day backpacking trip through the mountains, which included hiking half the night down a steep trail in the pitch black, and clambering down wet, slippery rock beside a roaring gorge. Yeah, not repeating that experience.
- I also survived nine days of intense, college-level honors classes, studying the Socratic method.
- I participated in two NaNo Camps and the November NaNoWriMo.
- On a less impressive note, I got Twitter. Yay; follow me! 😀
Looking ahead to 2016:
Well, as you may have guessed, I did not finish the first draft of Something More in 2015, so that will be my top priority for early 2016. As soon as I’ve accomplished that, I will commence work on the first draft of Book Two. I’d ultimately like to have the entire trilogy drafted by the end of this year. We’ll see how that goes…
I will also be graduating from homeschool in the spring, and attending college this fall.
* cue hysterical screaming *
On a more serious note, this will be a huge change for me, so I could really use any prayers you send my way.
I’ll also be sending out a newsletter soon, recapping 2015 in more detail, and giving a few more exciting peeks into what I have planned for 2016 (including an awesome collage of Something More inspired pictures), so if you haven’t signed up for it yet, now would be the time. I will also be hosting a giveaway (most likely an Amazon gift card) when I reach 25 newsletter subscribers, so tell your friends too.
Get exclusive content and exciting opportunities when you sign up for my newsletter!